FAQs about Renting with Brookside Management in Manhattan, KS
If you do not see your question here, please contact us. We will be glad to help you.
- Rent – Rent is due on the 1st day of each month. If rent is not paid by the 5th of the month, a $30 late fee will be assessed. If a check does not clear the bank, a $30 returned check fee will be assessed.
- Security Deposit – Residents may not use their security deposit as rent payment.
- Keys and Locks – If you need a replacement front door or mailbox key, there will be a $5 fee for a door key and a $15 fee for a mailbox key. Only residents named on the apartment lease will be given access to the apartment. Residents must provide a valid photo ID and their social security number to be verified with the resident file. Brookside Management does not release keys for an apartment to anyone without a resident’s written consent.
- Lockout – If you lock yourself out of your apartment, please call Brookside Management and leave a message. A $25 fee will be due the following business day.
- Renter’s Insurance – Renter’s insurance is not required but recommended. While Brookside Management maintains insurance coverage, it does not protect residents from loss of personal property due to water damage, fire, theft, etc. Brookside Management highly encourages residents to maintain personal liability coverage for property damage and bodily injury.
- Parking – Parking is reserved for Brookside Management residents only on a first come basis. Visitor parking is allowed so long as complaints are not filed by other residents. It is recommended that visitors indicate the apartment they are visiting so they can be contacted, if necessary, prior to towing at owner’s expense.
- Pets – Most Brookside Management properties do not allow pets. Small dogs and cats are allowed at certain properties in certain situations. A Small Pets Only pet deposit is required. Please call for details. Residents must sign a Pet Addendum and pay the pet deposit before bringing the pet home. Without the addendum and deposit, a pet may not stay, even temporarily, at your home.
- Subleasing – Brookside Management allows residents to sublease with written approval from remaining roommates. The resident is still ultimately responsible for the fulfillment of the lease agreement. Brookside Management recommends that residents execute a sublease agreement for their own protection in the event the sub-leaser fails to fulfill the lease on the resident’s behalf.
Maintenance & Upkeep
- Routine Maintenance Requests – Brookside Management will generally fulfill maintenance requests Monday through Friday during normal business hours. For non-emergency maintenance requests, call or email Brookside Management as soon as you notice a problem. Please leave a message with your name, building, apartment number, phone number, and description of the maintenance needed.
- Emergency Requests – Brookside Management is available after hours and on weekends and holidays for emergencies. Issues requiring emergency maintenance include water leaks and water heater, electrical, heating, or air conditioner problems.
- Exterminator Services – Brookside Management properties are treated with preventative pest control service each quarter and on an as-needed basis. If you would like to schedule pest control service, please contact us. When pest control service is scheduled, please make arrangements for your pet.
- Light Bulbs – Residents are responsible for replacing light bulbs in their own fixtures, lamps, and interior lights. Brookside Management will maintain exterior lights.